1996 AHS Award of Merit Winners
The AHS Award of Merit is given to signify that a daylily cultivar is not only distinctive and beautiful, but has also proved good performance over a wide geographic area. The Award of Merit is made each year to only 10 daylily cultivars. To receive an Award of Merit, a cultivar must receive votes from at least one-half of the established regions and not more that one-third of the total votes credited to the cultivar shall come from any one region. To be eligible for the Award of Merit, a cultivar must have received the AHS Honorable Mention Award no less that 3 years previously and will remain eligible for 3 years.
The list below presents the ten 1996 AHS Award of Merit winners, their hybridizer and year of registration, and the total number of votes received.
- STRAWBERRY CANDY (Stamile, P. 1989) 238 votes
- CUSTARD CANDY (Stamile, P. 1989) 129 votes
- VICTORIAN COLLAR (Stamile, P. 1987) 80 votes
- SCATTERBRAIN (Joiner, E. 1988) 76 votes
- RESPIGHI (Munson, R.W. 1986) 73 votes
- XIA XIANG (Billingslea, O. 1988) 70 votes
- SILOAM AMAZING GRACE (Henry, P. 1989) 63 votes
- TUSCAWILLA TIGRESS (Hansen, R. 1988) 60 votes
- SPIDER MIRACLE (Hendricks, W. 1986) 54 votes
- SUPERLATIVE (Gates, L. 1986) 54 votes
1996 AHS Award of Merit Runners-Up
The list below presents the ten 1996 AHS Award of Merit runners-up, their hybridizer and year of registration, and the total number of votes received.
- LOIS BURNS (Temple, J. 1986) 51 votes
- SILOAM RALPH HENRY (Henry, P. 1988) 51 votes
- CHINA BRIDE (Guidry 1989) 49 votes
- SPIDER MAN (Durio, K. 1982) 46 votes
- UNIQUE STYLE (Carpenter, K. 1985) 46 votes
- KAREN MY LOVE (Talbott, D. 1987) 45 votes
- KENT'S FAVORITE TWO (Kirchhoff, D 1988) 45 votes
- JUDITH WESTON (Gates, L. 1989) 43 votes
- VI SIMMONS (Talbott, D. 1987) 42 votes
- SHISHEDO (Munson, R.W. 1988) 41 votes
[AHS Home Page]
[AHS Awards Page]
(c) Copyright 1996 by the American Hemerocallis Society, Inc.