Mabel Matthews Scholarship
This fund is made possible through the generosity of Mabel Matthews. Donations to the fund are welcome. Any AHS member is eligible for the scholarship. See full requirements and past recipients below.
|Cameron Stern||Region 4||2023|
|Cameron Stern||New Hampshire||2019|
|Elliott Turkiew||New York||2019|
|Kyle Kunze||Oregon State University||2017|
|Stephen Smith||Austin Peay State University||2017|
|Kyle Kunze||Oregon State University||2016|
|Edvinas Misiukevicius, Lithuania||Aleksandras Stulginskis University||2016|
|Amanda Hotaling, DE||Delaware Technical Community College||2015|
|Edvinas Misiukevicius, Lithuania||Aleksandras Stulginskis University||2015|
|Amanda Hotaling, DE||Delaware Technical Community College||2014|
|Edvinas Misiukevicius, Lithuania||Aleksandras Stulginskis University||2014|
|Christopher von Kohn, TX||U-Wisconsin - Madison, Graduate Studies||2013|
|Nicholas Kyle Walker, Ruston, LA||Louisiana Tech University||2013|
|Nicholas Kyle Walker, Ruston, LA||Louisiana Tech University||2012|
|Elliot Turkiew, Bathpage, NY||Johns Hopkins University||2011|
|Elliot Turkiew, Bathpage, NY||Johns Hopkins University||2010|
|Christopher von Kohn, TX||Texas A & M University||2009|
General Terms of the Mabel Matthews Scholarship
- The scholarship amount will be announced each year and will be based on the interest on the balance of funds in the endowment account, and donations that are made to the fund. For 2018, the amount available will be $6,000.
- The scholarship may be awarded to a maximum of two individuals each year.
- In the event a scholarship is not awarded in a given year, the funds will be available for the following year.
- Eligible to any AHS members (no age requirement) with three or more years of membership.
- Eligible for AHS members seeking a bachelor degree or postgraduate degree in any college or university to include on-line entities, provided it is accredited in the applicant’s chosen field.
- While the scholarship is without restriction to a specific field of study, preference will be given to horticulture, botany, chemistry, and landscape architecture.
- An applicant must demonstrate service to an AHS club or at an AHS regional level.
- The scholarship shall be given annually, subject to the selection of an eligible applicant.
- The recipient must maintain a grade point equivalent of 3.0 based on 4.0 system.
- The scholarship may be given to an individual recipient for up to a maximum of six years.