In reference to color, it refers to the layering of one color over another. Is used, as in, “a flower with a wash of another color over the basic color.” Also see: Overlay, dusting. All three terms are interchangeable.I

Left photo by Michael Brown, used with permission.  Photo on right by Rebecca Board, used with permission.

< Back to Dictionary

The American Daylily Society